Sunday, July 22, 2012

So...

     I must not have paid attention to the heat when I was younger! I've lived here my whole life and NEVER remember heat like this!  The kids have been going to Grandma's house to swim almost every other day, but wanted o go to the park with us instead. We decided taking them to an indoor park at the mall would be a great way to stay cooler than being in this heat. OH no, it's on the top floor of the mall where there is a glass ceiling... we were BAKING! I swear the heat was on! All of the kids were bright pink and their skin hot to the touch. I couldn't do it! We packed up and headed home after only 10 minutes. You may call me a wuss, but I GLOW white I'm so pasty. If I can't take it, I won't force my kids to either!  All I could think is how this small child was left in a daycare van Friday and died from the heat... may he rest in peace...

On another very unfortunate note, I would like to end with this... I know everyone has heard about the tragedy that hit Colorado this weekend. My hearts and prayers go out to anyone involved and left with a void in there lives because of such a deranged individual's actions. What is this world coming to??? Both of these stories have touched my heart and have created a fear that is something we should not have to deal with. We should be able to trust our children in the hands of people that run a business such as a daycare! The only job they have is to keep them safe. The deaths of the people in Aurora were inconceivable! Why should we not be able to freely relax in our spare time? I don't even know where to end this... there are misinformed people in this world that feel their time here is much more important than anyone else, but it isn't... they are cowards... to be able to take the lives random strangers, parents, siblings, family, friends, children... dressed in full protective armor... and just use these LIVE human bodies like a target practice... I will never understand...

No comments: