Sunday, May 20, 2012

4 years in...

     This is my FIRST post! SO excited to share my life with you! Guess I should speed up my intro and get you caught up:)

     My name is Amanda. I am 29 and have been married to my high school sweetheart for 5 years (together 11+).  We have 3 kids- a 4 & 1/2 year old daughter, a 3 year old daughter and a 2 year old son. I have been a stay at home mom since my oldest was born and wouldn't change a thing... except...

     My oldest was diagnosed in November with type 1 diabetes. There is no worse way to break a mother's heart than to tell her something is wrong with her child. I took her to Children's Hospital in Dallas for a rash and because she was feeling right. FYI- mother's instinct is ALWAYS RIGHT! She had a blood glucose (sugar levels in the blood) of 587. A normal person should be close to 100. We stayed in the hospital for 5 days until her ketones (sugar found in the urine) were gone. Thanks to the doctors and nurses in the Endocrinology department for helping save my daughter! She is now doing good and can't wait to go to Disney World with her babies and cousin next month!

     Thanks for listening and hope to hear some about you! Feel free to leave your story (or a comment) in the comment box! Until next time...

1 comment:

malamrivera said...

HA! Sorry if my editing skills aren't great! the kids LOVE to mess with the computer:) When I took her to the hospital, she WAS NOT feeling right!