Friday, May 25, 2012

Any Volunteers???...

     Made it through yesterday! I gave all 3 kids a damp, soapy washrag and told them to help me clean. WHY did I never think to do this before??? They LOVED it! Will be a new "fun" daily project:) We'll see how long it lasts! They usually won't help. I call their name out 3+ times before they even answer, tell them what needs to be done, check to see what it looks like, and nothing... just a BIGGER mess! I told my oldest daughter that she has to start helping because mommy can't do it all. She replies "Ugh! It's TOO MUCH! I can't!". So I explained that's the same way I feel! "I have you, your babies, daddy, AND me to take care of, and if nobody wants to help, I won't be able to do anything. I'll be too tired. I don't make ALL of the messes around here, but I have to clean them, right? Why do I have to if I didn't do it?" Hopefully this will make sense to her (and her babies, and her daddy soon!). It's gets to be a lot if no one wants to help. Especially after almost 5 years and no days off. It's the life I signed up for. Love everything but the lack of help... Someday... A dishwasher would be nice too! For now I will try out the link I shared the other day. Here it is again in case you don't know what I'm talking about:)


http://thestressedmom.com/2012/03/10-habits-for-a-well-run-home

     Are the chores even in your house? Do/did your kids help out at such a young age? Any tips or tricks?

1 comment:

Elizabeth Barrios said...

Best thing we can do is teach them at an early age to clean their own mess. I won't let my 5 yr son watch tv if he has toys on the floor. It might take him 1/2 to pick them up because he is playing with them but I tell him that's less time he can watch tv. At the end he'll ask his little sister to help and they both finish within minutes. I am with you about the dishwasher, you think are done washing the dishes but a few minutes later another pile comes up. One thing I really don't like is folding laundry and putting it away. I usually leave it for Fridays. We have to train our little ones to help out or we will go insane.